Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Royalty for a Day






We had a fun weekend!  Mike was the emcee for the South Jordan Country Fest again this year, and they asked us to be in the parade.  We got to ride in a '57 Chevy convertible.  Mike got to greet his fans, the kids got to throw candy, and I got to wrestle with Jack in the back seat since the car had no seat belts, and Jack thought it would be fun to try and climb out of the car.  We got to hear two concerts- Imagine (a Beatles tribute band) and Darryl Whorley (the country singer who wrote, "Have you Forgotten," about 9/11.)  Then there was a fireworks show in the evening. Dylan enjoyed the music so much he started strumming his stick horse, along with Darryl, rock-n-roll style.  (Or maybe it was more Nate Powers style.  Nate, did you teach him how to jam on the guitar when I was gone?)  

1 comment:

Stacie said...

My guitar skills may have just rubbed of on him. I think it's in the blood though. I just hope he wasn't jamming to country music. That should be avoided like the plague.