Monday, July 21, 2008

American Idol

I got to go to the American Idol concert on Tuesday, and it was amazing! I went a little crazy and bought 9 tickets (amazing seats) when they went on sale, and fortunately (for my marriage) I was able to find 8 friends to go with me. My friend Richard Parkinson did some of the arrangements for David Archuleta on the show, including "Think of Me." He is so talented. Anyway, he got us backstage passes to meet the Idols.

Surprisingly, Michael Johns was my favorite performer of the night. Brook was the friendliest person we met backstage, and David A. was the cutest. I wanted to love David A.'s performance, but there was so much screaming you could hardly hear his voice. I was so mad.

I put some video clips of my favorite songs on here. Let me know what you're favorite songs of the season were. And whether you cried the first time you heard David sing "Imagine." I watched it five times that night, and cried every time. (I know, I'm lame.)





4 comments:

Anisa said...

You are such a teenager!!! I'm so glad you had fun.

The Martone Memories said...

I am sooooooo jealous. Yes I love David A. He is so cute and like I just commented on the other entry, Yep, I cried when he sang Imagine the first time.

Allie Yost said...

I am SO in love with David A. it's not even funny! You are so lucky you got to get a picture with him!! OH, and yes I am obsessed with twilight!! I'm going to the midnight release as well! I CAN'T WAIT!!

maggie holmes said...

oh, you are so lucky!! how fun!! i totally would have gone with you!! i love david and brooke and michael!!